Curved Bay Window
Measuring for a curved bay is similar to measuring for an angled bay except you have more sides to measure. Shutters on curved bay windows are fitted in their own individual L frames. Picture 1 below shows a seven sided curved bay window.
- Print off an outline profile of your chosen L frame, butt the L frames against one another marking the outside of the frame on the window board.
- Our seven sided window below had protruding handles and the chosen louvre size was 89mm so this meant we had to space out our sample frames when measuring (Picture 2). In this instance the handles protruded 35mm from the face of the window and we allowed a further 15mm for louvre rotation, so our frames were spaced out 50mm from the window.
- Small marks on the window board indicate where to measure to and from (Picture 3).
- Record your measurements with a reference on each window, eg. bay 1, bay 2 and so on.
- Remember to keep whatever it was you used for a spacer or alternatively make note of how far out the frame samples were from the face of the window when measuring took place. You will need to know this when it comes to fitting.
- Measure the height at each curve of the window as this may vary from one side of the window to the other. Record the smallest measurement.
- All frames should be the same height as this ensures the same number of louvres will be in each panel and the top and bottom rails will be the same size.
If you need any assistance when measuring your curved bay window, please contact us on 071 912 5406.